Top Treat-Buttered Seafood Rice Pilaf for 8
12 mussels/300g Lala (pre-cook)
10 chilli padi (chop)
1 chicken leg (de-bone & cube)
500g prawns (shell & de-vein)
3 cuttlefish ( cut into rings)
200g kurau/garoupa ( de-bone & cube)
2 cups basmathi rice ( wash & drain)
4 salted duck-egg yolks (steam & mashed)
1/2 cup ghee (clarified butter)
3 tablespoons minced garlic
2 sprigs curry leaves
1/2 teaspoon tumeric powder
4 cups chicken stock (heat)
1 small red capsicum (chop)
1 small green capsicum (chop)
4 tablespoons fresh curry leaves ( chop)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat 1/4 cup ghee in TUPPERCHEF WOK. Fry chicken until brown. Dish out.
2. In same oil, saute 1 tablespoon garlic and curry leaves. Add seafood and fry until just cooked. Dish out.
3. With 1/4 cup ghee, saute 2 tablespoons garlic and the chilli padi until fragrant. Add rice and tumeric powder. Stir fry 2 minutes.
4. Add chicken stock, salt and pepper. Bring to boil, cover with vent closed. Simmer on low heat until liquid is almost absorbed. Stir in red and green capsicums, egg yolks, seafood and chicken.
5. Once liquid is fully absorbed, remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5-10 minutes.
6. Garnish with chopped curry leaves.
( ref : TupperChef Celebrity Chef Search 2008 )